[MPlayer-users] Containers, GMC, PSNR, and doom9

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun May 7 00:47:07 CEST 2006

Alexander Noe' wrote:

> The Wanderer schrieb:
>
>> Since the headers themselves *do* conceptually belong in the stream
>> headers, that would mean that they have implemented the whole
>> thing incorrectly.
>>
>> Incidentally, are you indicating that Media Player Classic is
>> capable of muxing files in which the subtitles are embedded as a
>> single chunk like that? I wasn't talking about players - players
>> will adapt, or attempt to refuse and create a philosophical war
>
> * Media Player Classic was made by Gabest
> * This way to mux subtitles into AVI files was made up by Gabest
> * Gabest implemented this in a not-properly-working app "submux"
> * Gabest told me what MediaPlayerClassic expected to show subtitles muxed into an AVI
> * I added it to AVI-Mux GUI
> * appearently, some people emule files they made...

Right. That makes sense.

I would, however, consider it preferable - and, I think, reasonable -
for the user to have the option to choose to do it "correctly" (i.e.,
with headers as stored in stream headers and chunks interleaved
throughout the file) instead of "in the way which is supported by Media
Player Classic"; I understand that you do not necessarily have the time
to spend on random subprojects, but what are the chances that you might
add something like this to AVI-Mux GUI?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.