[MPlayer-users] Re: [POOL] Moderate some users (was: Re: [-] Re: divx 6)

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat May 6 19:31:21 CEST 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 05:10:49PM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> I need nothing. You will need to prove your claims. I'f you can't it's your
> problem.

I fail to see any problem.

> I took a random video (with much panning) and surprise, surprise,
> GMC improved psnr nearly 0.1 dB.

BTW do you mean full 3-point GMC or just 1-point GMC? 1-point GMC is
not really GMC but just a better way of compressing motion vectors, in
effect. (In the bitstream it's GMC but it's costless to implement.) I
have no objection to 1-point GMC but I also have good reason to
believe (due to the existing mv compression) that it will give
essentially no gain. 2- or 3-point has unacceptable performance
penalties and also no gain.

> If you wan't to use a better metric or
> doubleblind viewing tests, I can send you the original video and both
> encoded versions. Where should I send them?

Put them on www or anon ftp server..?

Rich