[MPlayer-users] x264 playback problem / strage artifacts

MuldeR mulder2 at gmx.de
Sat Mar 25 00:43:02 CET 2006

Sorry, wrong subject *shame on me*

-------- Original Message --------

Hi,

I've just encoded a DVD to x264 using MEncoder (latest build by Celtic
Druid, build for AthlonXP, CVS-060323). So far everything worked fine.
BUT: I've got some problems on playing that file! When I play the file
in MPlayer there are some strange artifacts. The following screenshot
shows the problem. Maybe on the screenshot it's not as clear as you see
in "real" playback, but there are some big blocks that should not be
there! And parts of the image seems to be shiftet! Howere only a few
frames seem to be affected. Let's say a few frames every 20 seconds...

Look for the blocks in the hair:
http://mulder.dummwiedeutsch.de/temp/borked.png

Look at the border of the hat:
http://mulder.dummwiedeutsch.de/temp/borked2.png

If I play the same file in Media Player Classic with CoreAVCDecoder
everything works 100% fine and there are no artifacts at all. Same for
searching for broken frames in VirtualDub via ffdshow-decoder: There are
none! But again: If I play the file in MPlayer there are those artifacts
and thats extremely nasty

Any ideas? Thanks....

MuldeR