[MPlayer-users] Interleaving artefacts when capturing from TV

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Wed Mar 22 00:53:24 CET 2006

If I capture a PAL movie in 640-480 according to the docs I could get
interleaving artifacts ,,, and I do

Again according to the docs this could require too excessive bandwidth and
hence CPU usage. I think I get this because my audio video is out of sync
(probably because of high CPU usage)

I want do get rid of these artefacts yet capture in a high resolution.
The docs suggest to use a deinterlacing filter (-vf pp=lb)  However I wonder
if that is enough to reduce the CPU usage or if I should just reduce the
capture size. If I need to reduce the size what would be a reasonable size
for PAL and how do I specify it (width=...;Height=... ? or what ?)

Thanx