[MPlayer-users] Mplayer howto

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Mar 14 23:34:15 CET 2006

On Tuesday, 14 March 2006 at 23:23, Forooz Saedi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd be grateful for any help on how to fetch and install Mplayer on my
> laptop running under SuSE 10.  2.6.13-15.8-default #1 Tue Feb 7 11:07:24
> UTC 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux. I am a begginer with linux.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend packman's packages. http://packman.links2linux.de/?action=128
Note that they're still at 1.0pre7, which is quite old now. You will run
into some problems that have already been fixed in CVS, so even if you are
a beginner, you are encouraged to learn and try to compile your own MPlayer
from CVS. The instructions are at the bottom of the download page:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html#cvs

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression