[MPlayer-users] mplayer freezes when losing RTP stream from dvbstream

bifferos bifferos at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 03:41:25 CET 2006

I've seen this on the mailing list a while back and wondered if anybody has
a patch/workaround that solves it.

I've written two scripts - one to control mplayer through slave mode,
the other to control dvbstream (on another computer).  I'm using mplayer
as a 'front end' rather than a 'back end', i.e. when I press a function key on
the mplayer machine the mplayer stdout writes a "No bind found for key <blah>",
I trap the text, then send the key code to the machine running dvbstream
and tell it to change channel (I could also bind a key to the 'run' command
but I don't want to launch an external program).

This is working OK, but mplayer usually gets messed up when changing
channels, (generally freezes) so I need to kill it every time I change
channel.  Sometimes it gets messed up on a restart as well.
I tried doing an openfile on the slave console to reopen the stream
but that doesn't always work.  I'm using MPlayer 1.0pre7try2.

So if anyone knows any work-arounds for this one please get in touch.

cheers
-bif.