[MPlayer-users] Re: ATSC 720 <at> 24p streams

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Mar 10 10:35:55 CET 2006

rob wrote:
> Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi <at> fastwebnet.it> writes:
>

>> does it go out of sync so as it is?
>> I'm not entirely sure that telecining is worth reversing
>> (when you use -demuxer lavf mplayer doesn't do it)
>>

> no, it doesnt get out of sync as far as i can tell. but isnt
> it more correct to display this video at 24fps, just like
> mplayer does for DVDs?
>
> my main concern here is transcoding. i want to transcode to
> 24fps lavc mpeg4, and if the source material is 24fps, then
> i wont need any decimation filter or whatever if mencoder/mplayer
> handles the flags correctly.
>
> of course, if the demuxer is repeating frames, decimate should
> easily be able to remove the repeat frames, since they will
> be exact duplicates.
>
> rob

ok.
Can you upload a sample (a couple of minutes long, if possible) to
incoming, please?
The telecining pattern should be the same as the 3:2 pulldown, with the
exception
that progressive_sequence should be always set (and in that case the
frame rate
divisor shoule be doubled), at least IIRC

 Sponsor:
 L'auto dei tuoi sogni? Findomestic ti offre finanziamenti chiari e semplici senza anticipi!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3940&d=10-3