[MPlayer-users] Re: ATSC 720 <at> 24p streams

rob pfile at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 10 05:28:34 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi <at> fastwebnet.it> writes:

> does it go out of sync so as it is?
> I'm not entirely sure that telecining is worth reversing
> (when you use -demuxer lavf mplayer doesn't do it)

no, it doesnt get out of sync as far as i can tell. but isnt
it more correct to display this video at 24fps, just like
mplayer does for DVDs?

my main concern here is transcoding. i want to transcode to
24fps lavc mpeg4, and if the source material is 24fps, then
i wont need any decimation filter or whatever if mencoder/mplayer
handles the flags correctly.

of course, if the demuxer is repeating frames, decimate should
easily be able to remove the repeat frames, since they will
be exact duplicates.

rob