[MPlayer-users] Missing AVI video stream

Alex Waterman imnotlistening at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 16:07:51 CEST 2006

> How is that file encoded? Are you sure no other players render it
> properly?
> The reason I ask is that I get exactly the same behaviour trying to play a
> DV type 1 (interleaved) file with mplayer (no audio either; mplayer exits
> after printing the above message).

The container format is avi, but I do not know what type of encoding it
uses;
is there a way to determine that?

However, when I convert the file to DV
> type 2 (traditional audio and video streams), mplayer plays it properly.
> Mplayer doesn't support DV type 1 if I understand correctly.

Do you use mencoder to convert the file? If you could you tell me what
options you mass mencoder?

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Waterman
imnotlistening at gmail.com
Alex.Waterman.07 at gmail.com
Support or create OpenSource

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the
word 'tics', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.