[MPlayer-users] commandline mute

Master Abi master at lavacoms.com
Sun Jun 25 05:09:47 CEST 2006

Hi

I am using mplayer pre8. I am a bit stuck trying to achieve a kind of
'audio over' output with 2 avi.

I would like to start 2 avi videos with the audio muted from the command
line. I would then like to press m later to unmute the sound of one of
the avi. If I press the m again to mute video 1, then press m to unmute
the second avi. An 'audio over' would do this automatically.

The -nosound disables the mixer permanently and -ao also:noblock mixes
both avi audiostreams.

Any idea if mplayer is capable of doing this.

Regards

Master