[MPlayer-users] Bicubic scaling in vo_gl - does it ever work?

Mon Jun 19 03:11:31 CEST 2006

Hi Reimar D?ffinger!

 On 2006.06.15 at 23:00:11 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote next:

> > > Can anyone else reproduce these problems? If yes, can you also test
> > > under windows and see if that makes a difference?
> >
> > I can test it in windows, but I have no means of compiling mplayer for
> > windows. Do you know where I can get win32 build with latest vo_gl
> > changes (after pre8)?
>
> You can try my buid:
> http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uvhe/mplayer-20060615.zip

Tried it. No problems under windows, bicubic scaling without any
problems. Choosen coefficients give very soft picture though, definitely
softer than default mplayer's bicubic sws, almost as blurry as "bicubic
spline" mode in sws ;)

So er.. what next?

Note than these broken lines don't appear in one place, they move as I
resize the window. Also now I think on every file there is a chance not
to meet this defect (unless trying to change b/c/s), but it's very slim
on some of them and close to 100% on others.

Btw, according to manpage lscale/cscale should work with yuv=4, but they
just give a very broken picture withc hardly resembles original image..

--

Vladimir