[MPlayer-users] GUI mplayer

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Jun 14 07:17:21 CEST 2006

Thomas Bourdon wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Sorry for my poor english, because I'm french.
>
> For me, mplayer is the greatest multimedia player I've never used.
> So I never have to use any other player.
> But I don't understand why we need to compile with --enable-gui to use the
> option -enqueue of mplayer.
> I don't use GUI but I compile it just for this option.

I'm confused -- without the GUI, what do you use -enqueue for? According
to the man page and a quick look at the code, -enqueue does nothing when
the GUI isn't used. I don't use the GUI either, so I might be missing
something.

By any chance are you talking about playing multiple files from the same
command? If so, you can just do anything like:

$ mplayer a.avi b.mp3 c.ogg dvd://1

> Very sorry for my english, I hope you understand me !

Don't worry, it's good enough.

-Corey