[MPlayer-users] Bicubic scaling in vo_gl - does it ever work?

Tue Jun 13 22:59:33 CEST 2006

Hi Reimar D?ffinger!

 On 2006.06.13 at 22:25:25 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote next:

> Since I'm the maintainer for -vo gl you won't see anything like that for
> stuff I implement - only on cvslog *g*

Hm, I think you used to post messages about major changes in gl before.
Or how else people are supposed to know there is stuff that needs
testing? It's clear that with current state of linux video drivers,
gl stuff really needs to be tested on cards of other vendor...

> > there in changelog, but not in manpage or -vo gl:help message is
> > strange. However, I quickly found a reason: it just doesn't work.. While
>
> It should be in the manpage, under [l|c]scaler=<n>, which as you see
> contains a typo...

Argh! I hate manpages for that.
No, the problem is not "scaler", the problem is "[l|c]". Since there are
no links in man, searching is only option, and /lscale won't find you a
thing. Really annoying.

> > Here is mplayer -v output. I'll recompile mplayer with debugging symbols
> > if necessary. mplayer just hangs when trying to use lscale=1 or
> > cscale=1.
>
> I think it should be fixed in latest SVN, please test (I only can test
> whenever I happen to be at university and have some spare time).

Well.. yuv=6 stuff you mentioned doesn't work (hangs, or probably just
is slow as hell).

As about lscale/cscale.. Well technically it runs, but the result is
very ugly. Looks like broken texture or something. I attached two
screenshots; they are artifacts from lscale. Artifacts from cscale are
very similar, much less noticeable on most content, but still quite ugly
on vivid color areas. FYI, it's 632x480 video scaled to 1600x1200.

--

Vladimir