[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer can't play wav file

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Jun 11 13:59:43 CEST 2006

* Masaru Nomiya on Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 20:07:34 +0900:
>> some different file, but I don't get any sound for the one you had
>> attached (also not in xine, vlc etc.), but that is simple due to the
>> fact that that file _does not contain any sound_.
>
> Is it?
>
> I got the Walk1.wav from;
>
>   http://www.helloworld.jp/~duke/nintendo_ds/nds_develop4.html
>
> The file command tells me;
>
> /tmp> file Walk1.wav
> Walk1.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 8 bit, mono 11127 Hz

Same symptoms here (MacOS 10.3.9). Same file info. No sound in
mplayer, but sound when playing in QuickTime Player or iTunes.

Same happens with eg.:

$ file makemayday.wav
makemyday.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 8 bit, mono 11025 Hz

Here Quick Time Player plays clearly 2 seconds of sound.

I can upload the little file, if needed.

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen!  --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>