[MPlayer-users] Converting jpeg to mpeg, interlace problem appears

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Jul 25 02:26:21 CEST 2006

Penelope Fudd wrote:
>>> Is there a way to get rid of this interlacing?
>> There are lots of ways; just search the man page for 'deinterlac'. To
>> start with, though, '-vf pp=lb' and '-vf pp=fd' are fast and
>> reasonable-quality deinterlacers. You can find better filters, or at
>> least ones that have different drawbacks, but I leave that research to
>> you. An interesting page is here:
>> http://guru.multimedia.cx/deinterlacing-filters/
>
> The annoying thing is, the source jpeg files don't have this
> interlacing; mencoder is adding it, and spending at least a little bit
> of cpu time doing it.  I'd like to tell it not to bother, so it gives me
> what I want in even less time.

Hmm. I'll admit I didn't look too closely at your command line, but I
don't think there's anything in there that causes interlacing. Try this:

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg:fps=8 -ovc copy -o output.avi

If that doesn't work, then please provide enough of your source jpeg
files to reproduce the problem. Make a tar file of them and upload it to:
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
Then send the filename as a reply to this message.

-Corey