[MPlayer-users] "Error reading audio: Input/output error" - mencoder TV recording

Klara Mall klara.mall at gmx.de
Tue Jul 4 11:22:55 CEST 2006

Hi!

As the further outputs are huge I provide them as files on a
webserver. I hope this is ok. Just tell if it's better to send them
directly, i.e. to include them in the e-mail.

At 07:20 07/04/2006, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > $ mencoder tv://21 -tv driver=v4l2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -o test.avi
>
> You should always provide a -v log.

Here it is:
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ul7n/mencoder_command.txt

I think it's not telling the reason but it would be nice if you
could have a look at it, too.

> Have a look at dmesg whether it tells you something,

No, there isn't anything.

> if not use strace to see what mplayer does and which of the calls
> fail.

Here it is:
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ul7n/mencoder_strace.txt

I think one has to find the answer here but unfortunately I'm not
able to. So it would be really nice if anyone who is more familiar
with system calls may have a look at it.

Thanks
Klara