[MPlayer-users] "Error reading audio: Input/output error" - mencoder TV recording

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jul 4 07:20:18 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 21:38:53 +0200
Klara Mall <klara.mall at gmx.de> wrote:

> $ mencoder tv://21 -tv driver=v4l2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -o test.avi

You should always provide a -v log.

> Error reading audio: Input/output error
>
> Error reading audio: Input/output error

That's the Error, though the reason is missing.
I don't know whether it will show up with -v,
but i doubt it. Have a look at dmesg whether
it tells you something, if not use strace to see
what mplayer does and which of the calls fail.

			Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ