[MPlayer-users] Unknown suboption lavf

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 21:48:06 CET 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2/15/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:59:09 -0800
>> David Liontooth <liontooth at cogweb.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Yes.  The fact that the online documentation matches up with
>> current CVS, not with the last released version.
>>
>> "-of lavf" was introduced only after 1.0pre7 was released.
>
> I do not agree with you, I think it was already present in pre7,
> though I'll not dig the CVS repo to back this statement with proofs
> :)

I did - 'cvs log' makes it easy. 1.0pre7try2 was August 26; 1.0pre7 was
April 16. The first libavformat muxer, labeled "very experimental", was
committed on February 21 - one year ago day after tomorrow; its presence
was documented on May 20.

(Surprised me - I would have been likely to say the same thing that RC
had. Looks like we'd both have been wrong.)

The ChangeLog has an entry for "libavformat muxers support" under the
1.0 header; there is also an entry for "experimental libavformat muxer"
under the 1.0pre7 section. I'm not sure whether or not these are
redundant, but if so the latter should probably be removed (or moved).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.