[MPlayer-users] Help with video sync issues

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 10 22:10:20 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:01:38 -0800
Dave Hayes <dave at jetcafe.org> wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate it if someone knowledgable would enlighten
> me as to how badly I am using mencoder in these situations. It's
> probably something simple that I am missing, but there is a good
> chance it could be buggy behavior as well.

You're using 1.0pre7.  You should always try latest CVS before reporting
a problem.

You're encoding from WMV files which doesn't tend to work well...  You
may even want to try encoding to another format first (eg. huff + pcm)
then encoding to flv.

Martin covered the rest (except -noskip certainly won't work in this
situation)