[MPlayer-users] Help with video sync issues

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Fri Feb 10 16:54:02 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:01:38 -0800
Dave Hayes <dave at jetcafe.org> wrote:

> I've been trying to do some transcoding (re-encoding?) with mencoder
> from various movie formats into the FLV flash format. I've run into
> some problems with video sync, which I've documented at:
>
>  http://www.jetcafe.org/dave/videosync

You are changing the framerate and the audio sample rate in each case
which I imagine might make syncing harder. Try encoding without
changing one, the other and neither. You could also try encoding the
sound separately and muxing it in at the end.

The standard response in bad sync cases seems to be try -mc and/or -noskip.

You should also try CVS (another standard response).

Martin