[MPlayer-users] Help with video sync issues

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Fri Feb 10 09:01:38 CET 2006

I've been trying to do some transcoding (re-encoding?) with mencoder
from various movie formats into the FLV flash format. I've run into
some problems with video sync, which I've documented at:

  http://www.jetcafe.org/dave/videosync

This includes original video, transcoded video, and the complete log
of how I used mencoder with every gory ^M. ;)

I would greatly appreciate it if someone knowledgable would enlighten
me as to how badly I am using mencoder in these situations. It's
probably something simple that I am missing, but there is a good
chance it could be buggy behavior as well.

Thanks in advance.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

He is truly wise who gains wisdom from another's mishap.