[MPlayer-users] running mplayer from terminal on os x without activating menu bar

Pall Thayer p_thay at alcor.concordia.ca
Thu Dec 21 05:25:58 CET 2006

I'm trying to get mplayer (MPlayer-1.0rc1) set up so that I can run
it from the terminal without it changing and activating the menu bar.
I want to use it to capture frames to png's and to run completely
hidden in the background. So the menu bar thing bothers me. First I
compiled with a straight ./configure and all went well. Next I
tried ./configure --disable-macosx and make failed. I didn't copy the
output. I'll try again if no-one has an immediate answer. Next I
tried ./configure --disable-macosx-finder-support, make was fine but
it still activates the menu bar.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

best r.
Pall Thayer