[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 1rc1 GUI ISO-8859-2 issues

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Dec 18 23:16:13 CET 2006

Hello,
On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 10:21:16PM +0100, Jerzy Goca wrote:
> I'm trying to correct it, changing the encoding into utf8 (using the
> glib-2 conversion functions) just before passing the strings to the GTK+
> functions. This however will break the GTK+-1 compatibility.

Well, there probably is not much need to use glib for those if you only
need simple conversions.
Actually there is already a patch on -dev-eng ("filename double
conversion" or so is the subject) that will convert filenames to UTF-8.
That is much preferable to duplicating code.

> As I see, the gui is just a legacy of GTK+-1. Are you going to keep this
> legacy?

Not necessarily, but there should be at least a somewhat good reason.

[...]
> Are there any plans to correct/change the gui in the next release?

Nobody works on the Gui.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger