[MPlayer-users] pvr options

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Dec 14 18:37:36 CET 2006

On 12/14/06, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you need doc that sorta do an introduction to MEncoder, what you
> really should read is the HTML doc.
> The examples there should allow your to get started quickly without
> having to juggle with too many options.
>
> I believe that if you had read them, you wouldn't have lost too much
> of your time with your pvr source.

You are at least the third person on the list to refer me to the docs,
but, sorry guys,  on this page:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/tv-input.html

which is, as far as I can tell, the only source of information in the
HTML docs regarding TV input, there is not a *single* reference to
pvr. Hence, I am doing what I expect anyone would do in my situation:
trying to figure out how it works by trial & error and asking
questions on this list.

Many of the tv:// options work with pvr:// but given that the latter
devices do their own mpeg encoding, the best approach for using
mencoder to work with their output is not obvious, not to me at least.

If there is another source of information at mplayerhq on how  to use
mencoder with pvr output, please direct me to it.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam