[MPlayer-users] pvr options

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:04:58 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/14/06, Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl> wrote:
> On 12/14/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> > Most everything.  You're lucky you're getting ANY output, let alone
> > playable, with such a screwed-up command-line.  You really need to take
> > a look through the docs.
>
> I've been consulting the documentation. Maybe if the man pages weren't
> written by and for geeks, I'd be bothering you less on this list.

The man page has one good property, which is that it documents _all_
options supported by MPlayer and MEncoder.

If you need doc that sorta do an introduction to MEncoder, what you
really should read is the HTML doc.
The examples there should allow your to get started quickly without
having to juggle with too many options.

I believe that if you had read them, you wouldn't have lost too much
of your time with your pvr source.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations