[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Brian Dean elzoog at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 02:35:24 CEST 2006

> Hi,
>
> first of all do you have mplayer installed from the ubuntu repository or
> from source.

The mplayer from the repository seemed to have the same bug, so I
decided to compile it from source.

> for me it seems that your xv-extension don't work. If you have the
> ati-driver installed (fglrx) and you use opengl try this :
>
> mplayer -vo gl:yuv=2,x11 <file>

If I try that I get sound but no video output.

Also, I notice the same bug as the mplayer from the repository in that
if I use "mplayer -zoom" the sound won't be in sync with the picture.
If I leave out the -zoom it works fine as far as I can tell.

"I have to remind myself that I am a privileged intellectual living in a communist country that as a matter of course runs concentration camps for the rebellious, but thinking of Guantanamo Bay it seems not to make much difference."  Daniel Duprie (in China)