[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Holger Reinmann H.Reinmann at gmx.net
Wed Aug 30 01:58:45 CEST 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:42:52 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Dean <elzoog at yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

> But for some reason I get a "your system is too slow to play this"
> message now. I have a pentium 4 3.0 Ghz with 512 mb of ram.  I
> recently installed the latest version of Ubuntu.  I didn't have this
> problem when I was running Fedora core 4.

Hi,

first of all do you have mplayer installed from the ubuntu repository or
from source.

for me it seems that your xv-extension don't work. If you have the
ati-driver installed (fglrx) and you use opengl try this :

mplayer -vo gl:yuv=2,x11 <file>

holger