[MPlayer-users] fglrx quality problems

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Mon Aug 14 16:29:12 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have been mplayer user for years. Some days ago I bought a new laptop,
a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad T60 with ATI (X1400) card.

If I play any video, in any resized size, then video gets "pixelated"
(big pixels). For example.
http://pinux.info/fitxers/mplayer/problem_little.png [147k]
(Using -vo sdl, -vo xv, etc.)

If I play using -vo x11 -zoom, then the quality is perfect (of course, I
use CPU a lot):
http://pinux.info/fitxers/mplayer/no_problem_little.png [162k]

Mplayer output is here (version 1.0-pre8-0.0):
http://pinux.info/fitxers/mplayer/mplayer.txt

Xorg output (version 7.0.22):
http://pinux.info/fitxers/mplayer/Xorg.0.log.txt

(Full frames available:
http://pinux.info/fitxers/mplayer/problem.png [417k]
http://pinux.info/fitxers/mplayer/no_problem_little.png [540k]
)

ATI card:
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown
device 7149

Mplayer version: 1.0-pre8-0.0 from Debian packages. I know that you
prefer original mplayer, I have tried it too with same results.

I am using fglrx ATI driver, version 8.24.8-1. Xorg is version 7.0.22. I
have been playing with some options in xorg.conf file (overlay options,
etc.) without success.

Using xine I have the same problem, so I think that is not a mplayer
problem (it should be fglrx problem...). But I hope that somebody from
this list will be able to help me. I have been searching for some issues
without success.

Feel free to ask me any more information.

Thank you very much,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona