[MPlayer-users] Re: Trouble with RealAudio streams

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 11 16:20:55 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 12:42:53PM +0100, Bryan Alton wrote:
> The latest CVS was used on Ubuntu Breezy. I have been trying to
> help them but I have SuSe 9.3 and can't reproduce their problem.

latest CVS of _Octorber 2005_. There was no cook decoder in ffmpeg back
then IIRC. He (probably) also did not have support for the binary codecs:
>./configure --enable-gui --enable-largefiles --enable-menu --prefix=/usr
>  --confdir=/etc/mplayer
> make
> make install
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/win32 /usr/local/lib/codecs

The ln -s step must be done before configure (actually, I do not know if
it will work at all if it is just a link)... There are of course
configure options to force these things to be compiled in, but I don't
remember them out of my head.
And finally, this:
> Packets in file: 0
> ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
> RM: No audio stream found -> no sound.

looks like either the stream was unavailable or he hit a stream/demuxer
bug that was fixed in the meantime.

> Reimar was your test on Ubuntu ?
>
> If it wasn't then I think it is  Ubuntu specific  something
> like a config setting or directory.

Possible, but I still think it is a case of "use latest CVS".

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger