[MPlayer-users] Re: Trouble with RealAudio streams

Bryan Alton balton at eircom.net
Tue Apr 11 13:42:53 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi,
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 06:55:59AM -0500, Michael Crider wrote:
>> mplayer -playlist
>> http://boss.streamos.com/real/swn/oneplace/rm/ffd/ffd20060410.ram
>
> Works fine for me with CVS version. Probably your binary codecs are not
> installed correctly. CVS has an OpenSource cook decoder, so I would highly
> recommend that.
> I can't resist to say: I'm sure happy I don't _have_ to listen to that
> stream :-P
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

2 users on the slimserver forums which uses mplayer for BBC support
have logged the same problem with pre7 and latest CVS on Unbuntu.

The url being tested is
rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio1/live/r1_dsat_g2.ra

The latest CVS was used on Ubuntu Breezy. I have been trying to
help them but I have SuSe 9.3 and can't reproduce their problem.

Reimar was your test on Ubuntu ?

If it wasn't then I think it is  Ubuntu specific  something
like a config setting or directory.

This is the link to the post with a log of mplayer startup of the user
with mplayer problem.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=22810