[MPlayer-users] New installation is not picking up codecs

Brad McNeely brad_mcneely at excite.com
Mon Apr 3 22:22:57 CEST 2006

 After running on SuSE 8.2 and 9.1 on a 32-bit kernel for a couple of years, I upgraded to SuSE 10 on a 64-bit kernel.  I downloaded the lastest mplayer build with cvs today but it doesn't seem to be picking up the codecs.  I installed them just like I did on the other platform.  Here's some into to help prime the well:

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 64 Newcastle,Winchester,San Diego,Venice; Sempron Palermo (Family: 15, Stepping: 2)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2

When I try to play a Windows Media file I get this:

Requested audio codec family [ffwmav2] (afm=ffmpeg) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested audio codec family [wmadmo] (afm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested audio codec family [divx] (afm=acm) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x161.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Requested video codec family [ffdivx] (vfm=ffmpeg) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [odivx] (vfm=odivx) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [divx4] (vfm=divx4) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [divxds] (vfm=dshow) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [divx] (vfm=vfw) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [divx4vfw] (vfm=vfw) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x3334504D.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

I've got the codecs from all-20050412.tar.bz2 in both /usr/lib/win32 and /usr/local/lib/codecs.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brad McNeely