[MPlayer-users] How to stop mplayer at a certain time or byte position, preferably time

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Sun Apr 2 21:38:28 CEST 2006

I sometimes like to clip the audio out of the beginning of a video
(anime episode) to just pull out the opening music. I usually use
-dumpaudio then open the dumped file in iTunes and use that to clip it
down to the size I want. This is tedious and I would prefer to use one
command to do it.
I was wondering how to do this. I see two ways to start mplayer at a
certain time with -ss and -sb but nothing on how to stop it other than
-endpos which works only with mencoder. Is there an option to do this?

Ergzay