[MPlayer-users] Trouble with dvd sync

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Sep 30 04:58:08 CEST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, RC wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I doubt most DVD players will be able to play a
> DVD with a resolution of 352x480 as you are using.

	Time to get a DVD player if it can't handle half D1.  A device
	that can't handle 720x480, 704x480 or 352x480 is noncompliant and
	should not be called a DVD player.

	Short of getting the DVD specs under NDA the next best reference is
	either a copy of the book "DVD Demystified" (3rd edition due out in
	November) or the online FAQ at http://www.dvddemystified.com

	A SVCD created at 352x480 is known as a CVD (China Video Disc) and
	that may be problematic in some players that claim to handle SVCD.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz