[MPlayer-users] cdda:// -ac ffdts

ACS adrian.bacon at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 23 07:44:20 CEST 2005

>> wav there is no way to fit 6 or 5 ch into only 1411.2kbit/s.
>
> I don't know about the bit rate, but I do have some DTS audio CDs with DTS
> ES
> 6.1 tracks. You can get them at
The WAV format is just the container to store compressed DTS data!
The wav is 1.4Mb/s where DTS is about 768 kb/s.

To fill all wav bits extra chunks of empty data are added  (filled with some
constant value) to DTS stream.
Obvious FLAC gives good compression ratio on the resulting WAV file.
Open a file in your wav editor.

final note:
In order to use external decoder, your audio card must be capable of
outputting a bit-perfect copy of the data.
DTS data will be destroyed by:
-resampling to 48kHz
-amplitude scaling

Adrian