[MPlayer-users] cdda:// -ac ffdts

Andreas Hasenack ahasenack at terra.com.br
Fri Sep 23 04:59:50 CEST 2005

Em Qua 21 Set 2005 19:29, Ergzay escreveu:
> > AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1411.2 kbit/100.00% (ratio:
> > 176400->176400)
> > Selected audio codec: [ffdts] afm:ffmpeg (DTS)
> > ===
> > (...)
> > and it plays correctly.
>
> I'm rather curious what the rest of that play log says. You do realize
> it says "2 ch" which means stereo, not 6 ch DTS. You are probably
> forcing the DTS decoder to decode stereo music. Also in uncompressed

It's 5.1, but my PC hardware is stereo only, so the decoder is decoding it
into stereo.

If I place the cd in my dvd player, the receiver recognizes "DTS 5.1"

> wav there is no way to fit 6 or 5 ch into only 1411.2kbit/s.

I don't know about the bit rate, but I do have some DTS audio CDs with DTS ES
6.1 tracks. You can get them at
http://www.sr.se/multikanal/english/e_index.stm and burn such a CD yourself
and listen. Look for the "Saga" and "Norway" demos (6.1 DTS ES discrete).