[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] I/O errors on DVD playback (totem plays it fine)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 15 11:55:56 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:28:31AM +0200, vitko wrote:
> mplayer 1.0pre7 fails to play certain DVD, while totem plays it fine, see
> attached mplayer and dmesg logs. (Debian Sid + Marillat's packages).

This is probably a "copy protection". The right solution IMHO is making
the kernel ignore read errors (don't know what is necessary for this)
and use a large -cache option.
Of course it would be possible to fix this by behaving 100% like real
DVD players but I think that might not be worth the effort...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger