[MPlayer-users] Query- configuring Mplayer

Hazzy hazzyb4u at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 14 07:01:42 CEST 2005

Thanx for ur reply

Let me know how to proceed futher..i didn't get u..
what steps i should follow to configure it for ARM target board..

As i m new to this pls help me out
Thanx alot
waiting for reply
Hazzy

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 September 2005 at 06:45, Hazzy wrote:
> Hello Everybody
>
> I m a newbie and this is my 1st mail to this group..
>
> I have freescale's i.MX21 board( having ARM cpu core)
>
> i want to configure mplayer for this board..
> i tried to configure mplayer (MPlayer-1.0pre7try2) for
> ARM
>
> i have given the following command
> /configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection
> --cc=arm-linux-gcc --as=arm-linux-as
> --target=arm-linux
>
> but as i give make COMMAND it give ./codec-cfg
> ./etc/codecs.conf > codecs.conf.h
> /bin/sh: line 1: ./codec-cfg: cannot execute binary
> file
>
> actually codec-cfg is ARM ELF ( file codec-cfg gives
> codec-cfg: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1
> (ARM), for GNU/Linux 2.4.17, dynamically linked (uses
> shared libs), not stripped
>
> so i tried to configure first for x86 then rename
> codec-cfg to smthing else and tried to configure for
> ARM again
>
> but again i m not able to succeed
>
> Let me know how to resolve this and configure mplayer
> for ARM

AFAIK you have to use --host-cc=gcc if you're crosscompiling.
Anyway, see the Ports and Packages section of the docs.

R.