[MPlayer-users] Mplaye/Mcoderr on Ipod?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Sep 13 01:11:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Tuesday, 13 September 2005 at 00:33, Q wrote:
> Hi, now that the guys at Ipod Linux http://ipodlinux.org/Video_Player
> have got video and audio on the Ipod to work (using I believe a port of
> Mplayer) I decided I would give it a go. So I used mencoder to convert
> some videos to a compatable format using this command:
>
> mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf
> scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 in.avi -o out.avi
>
> But the thing is that the video can tend over time to get very out of
> sync with the audio. I mean the Video and audio always seem to start out
> well, but after maybe 10 minutes or so there is a notable lag in the video
> with the audio.
>
> I am curious if there is anything I can do to improve this situation?

Have you tested it with MPlayer on your main box? Does it lose a-v sync,
too? If not, it might just as they say on the website you quoted: a-v
desync is to be expected.

> Also I'm sure because the ipod developers are a rather small group, that
> if any Mplayer developers or other hackers wanted to help out, then I'm
> sure that they would be only too pleased to accept any help they can get
> right now. (Especially from peeps who really understand video). So if you
> have never heard of this project (or even if you have) you should
> certainly check it out. :)

Well, we certainly have a lot of work as it is, but if any of them wish
to ask questions or submit patches here, they're most welcome.

Regards,
R.