[MPlayer-users] Mplaye/Mcoderr on Ipod?

Q raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 00:33:53 CEST 2005

Hi, now that the guys at Ipod Linux http://ipodlinux.org/Video_Player have got video and audio on the Ipod to work (using I believe a port of Mplayer) I decided I would give it a go. So I used mencoder to convert some videos to a compatable format using this command:

mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 in.avi -o out.avi

But the thing is that the video can tend over time to get very out of sync with the audio. I mean the Video and audio always seem to start out well, but after maybe 10 minutes or so there is a notable lag in the video with the audio.

I am curious if there is anything I can do to improve this situation?

Also I'm sure because the ipod developers are a rather small group, that if any Mplayer developers or other hackers wanted to help out, then I'm sure that they would be only too pleased to accept any help they can get right now. (Especially from peeps who really understand video). So if you have never heard of this project (or even if you have) you should certainly check it out. :)

Anyway if there is anything I can do in the meantime to improve things, your input would be very much appreciated.

GJ