[MPlayer-users] Splitting Video files for Fat32?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Sep 11 16:51:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sunday, 11 September 2005 at 16:36, raid517 wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22top+post
>
> OK well as ever you pewople have some odd etiquet. I'm not sure I even
> still get it. I have been on quite a few lists in the past and have never
> heard of this.
>
> It's odd I think how some communities when left in isolation for long
> enough will develope their own rules and social practices.

I wouldn't call it odd. This has been the posting standard for more than
10 years. It's the isolated communities who develop strange posting rules,
like top-posting. Usually because they're using Microsoft software.

> Just for the record though I'm hardly a n00b. I haven't used an MS
> operating sytem for 5 years (Debian only)

Using Linux doesn't necessarily mean you're not a newbie. Using 1337-speak
usually does, because newbies think it's cool for some reason.

> and don't think that the 3 or 4 lines of quoted text was excessive

It was 8 lines, including the mailing list footer.

> - and it would have been a lot harder to know what I was going on about
> if I hadn't quoted it.

It wouldn't, if you used a good mailer which supports threading.

> I haven't quoted any text here, so how will
> people who are new to this topic know what I'm talking about?

They won't, at least not easily, because your mailer breaks threading.

> Anyhoo,as I said, thanks guys. I will look into that. I think it might be
> quite hard though to calculate the exact start time and stop time of every
> individual movie.

You can use -sb and -endpos and specify the size in (mega)bytes.

> Is there some kind of front end to mencoder that would
> make splitting files easier?

There are many frontends. Links are available on MPlayer's website in the
"related projects" section.

Regards,
R.