[MPlayer-users] control mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Sep 10 17:55:08 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 04:01:41AM +0200, Ivo wrote:
> Maybe it would be a nice idea if MPlayer supported some sort of network
> connection. It could listen on a port for connections and accept slave
> commands from there. With proper authentication and tunneled over ssh or

I see no point in this, if you really want you should be able to do this
with a command fifo and e.g. netcat. Or a similar tool that supports
SSL.
I anything, it would be nice to have a howto for doing this, but
bloating MPlayer wouldn't be nice...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger

P.S.: I am still undecided if that was supposed to be a joke...