[MPlayer-users] Re: RTSP/PNM realaudio LIVE stream capture

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Wed Oct 19 19:44:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 07:02:25PM +0200  nicolas.baly at epfl.ch napsal:
> Ok, but is there still a way to make them play on RealPlayer?

I don't know any. Mencoder refuses to let real audio go through -oac copy, so
remuxing into .rm seems impossible, but you can capture it directly to mp3 for
example, using a little trick:
mencoder -vc null -of lavf -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -o test.mp3 -audiofile \
rtsp://82.94.242.21:554/broadcast/radio.rm -noskip tv://dummy
(tv://dummy generates some dummy videostream, which is not encoded because of
-vc null)

It's a hack and after losing the audio stream, it encodes futhermore, not
generating any data at all. You have to Ctrl-C it then. And you can also
Ctrl-C it anytime to stop recording.

> By the way, I still can't capture this realaudio PNM LIVE stream:
> pnm://82.148.204.181/encoder/live.rm
>
> I get this error message:
> [..]
> You need to obtain a new player to play this clip. Please point your web browser
> to http://www.real.com and download the latest RealPlayer from RealNetworks.
> Once you have installed it you should try this clip again.
> Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
> Exiting... (End of file)

Try getting newer realplayer maybe. With RealPlayer-10.0.5.756-20050513 it
works.

--
.---------    Tomáš Janoušek   a.k.a. Liskni_si    ---------.
: NOMI team, developer, http://tomi.nomi.cz/   tomi at nomi.cz :