[MPlayer-users] Re: swf flash with mplayer

Wed Nov 30 08:52:33 CET 2005

Hi SeNS!

 On 2005.11.30 at 01:07:37 -0500, SeNS wrote next:

> KM> First, it depends on the Flash file. If it involves rendering
> KM> graphics (I.E. it doesn't involve recorded video, but instead objects
> KM> that move) then I doubt MPlayer will EVER play it.
>
> It's a pity :-( I have a lot of funny swf movies and want to play em on
> parties for friends... But I heard about "Sorenson Codec" and "On2 VP6

Why don't you use gflashplayer?

> codec". Does it have any relation to "swf problem"? Can mplayer use these
> codecs?

No, they aren't used in swf files, and yes, mplayer playbacks sorenson
1-3 and vp3-7 perfectly. You'll need to install some extra codecs
package in order to get sorenson 2-3 and vp4-7 working.

--

Vladimir