[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD trouble on Inspiron 6000 (SCSI: No DMA): including compile errors (was: libdts)

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Thu Nov 17 10:22:00 CET 2005

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> rangers.eu.org> writes:

> Well, just to present a different opinion, I've had no issues
> with my FC3 laptop whatsoever.

I've had no problems on Compaq R3000 w/ FC3 too.

But for the new laptop, i guess i do need to use a more recent install.

Given that sound didn't work on FC4, i went for FC5.

I think gcc4 and the alsa driver have a role in all this mess i'm going thru,
but that'st just a guestimate.

Is the latest Debian on gcc4 as well?

P.S. My Firefox extension built with gcc3 doesn't work on a gcc4 system either.
That's another thing i'll need to look into.

P.P.S. I'm gonna do the CVS co thingy now...