[MPlayer-users] what tv cards work with mplayer in linux?

Mustafa Abbasi lordverminard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:35:47 CET 2005

> There is one vital thing you should provide to help people help you.
> What is your local tv-system? I mean, PAL, SECAM, NTSC and what letters
> are after norm, probably they should be (one or two of these) L, B, G,
> D, K.
> If you have SECAM and not L one, you probably will have a hard time
> getting
> it work. Difference is in ways how color is embedded to video signal and
> where sound subcarrier lies.
>
> oh good point.
i live in an area where local tv is is PAL format BUT i really don't watch
tv that much
(last tv program i watched was a year ago). i want a tv card so i can output
my xbox and ps2 onto my computer. see i live in a tiny cramped hostel (in
college) so i don't have space for a tv. i think its possible for me to play
my consoles onto the computer by this.
ps. i think my xbox is NTSC and my ps2 is PAL.