[MPlayer-users] what tv cards work with mplayer in linux?

Phil Oleynik oleynik.phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sun Nov 13 13:07:59 CET 2005

Mustafa Abbasi wrote:

>Please could someone tell me which tv cards work with mplayer in linux.
>i am looking to buy one and really want to be able to use it well.
>also please tell me the names of those you know to work and are *hopefully
>not too expensive.
>thanks

Hello Mustafa

There is one vital thing you should provide to help people help you.
What is your local tv-system? I mean, PAL, SECAM, NTSC and what letters
are after norm, probably they should be (one or two of these) L, B, G,
D, K.
If you have SECAM and not L one, you probably will have a hard time getting
it work. Difference is in ways how color is embedded to video signal and
where sound subcarrier lies.

Philipp