[MPlayer-users] esd blocked when paused

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 16:08:30 CET 2005

I think there is a problem with the esd ao

if I do the following

mplayer -ao esd -slave somemovie.mov (type does not seem to matter)

Then I send "pause" to mplayer all esd audio to the system is blocked
and it appears like the machine is hung (the interface of some apps is
waiting for the sounds device to be released to they can play a sound).
The second I unpause or quit mplayer esd is released and everything
"catches up"

This does not appear to happen with alsa output.

I am using mplayer CVS from Nov 3, 2005.

Kevin

--
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=7574690260641978351