[MPlayer-users] Critical errors

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed May 25 10:22:16 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 03:45:27AM +0200, Henrik Nielsen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 22:52 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Use the -v flag to create logs.
> > Also, is it really a crash or does it just quit? If it really crashes,
> > you should try out gdb.
> >
> > Don't really know, but try -nocache...
>
> Thanks for the tips, but sadly the problem remains. It actually crashes.
> Or, freezes would be a better term, I have to kill the process.

That's a big difference...

> I tried -nocache, with seemingly no effect, and with -v the output is as
> follows: http://www.sonetten.dk/grr.txt (sorry, pastebin was down at the
> time of writing).

Which doesn't have the [ws] error messages, which I first thought were
the cause for the problem...

> When I break the process with CTRL+C I get this, and my intuition says
> that it all might have something to do with it:

Actually if you get that only _after_ pressing CTRL+C that almost
certainly means it has nothing to do with it...

> Any ideas?

Yes, try some other ao (for a list do -ao help). Do you have esd
or arts or jack running? In that case kill them first.
Also try not using mad (btw. why do you use it, the way it currently
is implemented im MPlayer it should be quite slow, using the libavcodec
decoder should work as nice IMO).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger