[MPlayer-users] Mplayer Cygwin and Tivo/Vserver 1.2

Juan Jimenez flybd5 at prtc.net
Fri May 20 20:05:11 CEST 2005

In a msg on Aug 27 04 joey at nicewarrior org mentioned this new feature in
Mplayer

  # support for tivo:// URLs to stream from a vstream-enabled tivo

I'm using vserver 1.2 on a series 1 phillips tivo, and it seems to come up
just fine on port 8074.

However, when I try to get to the tivo with mplayer-cygwin (latest on the
mplayer web site), I get this:

C:\Program Files\MPlayer>mplayer tivo://wga_bridge/list
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Xeon Willamette (Family: 8, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection.

c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf doesn't look like a font description, ignoring.
Cannot load font: c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf
Playing tivo://wga_bridge/list.
Option stream url: This URL doesn't have a hostname part.
File not found: 'list'
Failed to open tivo://wga_bridge/list

Exiting... (End of file)

C:\Program Files\MPlayer>

I am not sure what it's looking for in a "hostname" part. I am running the
program on Windows XP with all service packs, Acer Veriton 7500 1.7 ghz P4
with 768mb of RAM and lots of disk space. I've searched the mailing lists
and have not found anything that mentions this. In fact, I found very little

that mentions the Tivo at all...

Juan