[MPlayer-users] MPlayer: A/V out of sync at start of mpeg movie converted by mencoder

Debal Mridha debal.mridha at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:13:10 CEST 2005

I converted a VCD movie in .dat format to mpeg using mencoder. However, when
I play the movie using MPlayer, there is an initial starting gap between
audio and video, which remains constant throughout the movie. Is this a
known bug of mencoder/mplayer? What should be done to correct this?

Note that when I play the movie using other software (player made from
gstreamer), there is perfect A/V sync.

The mencoder command I gave was:

mencoder -ofps 30 -of mpeg -vf scale=640:480 -o <dest_file.mpg> -oac lavc
-lavcopts acodec=mp2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video <src_file.dat>